Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Feb 2015 Lehigh Valley Housing Update

I hope this post finds you well. I hope you'll like my Facebook page and keep me in mind if you need any Real Estate help.      Stephen.Weinstein@foxroach.com

This year, 2015, I am still offering to make my commission split with my brokerage work with a 501c3 charity of your choice. Please contact me for details, there is legal jumbo and its not an option anybody has to undertake.

Alright, with all of that out of the way.

Market Update From the Association of Realtors:

Key Points for the Month: Click here for the full report.

1.


 Reaction: While the Median Sale price is down, the rest of the metric numbers are pretty good for January. Increased closed sales and a lower inventory of sales are great indicators. The Median Sale price declining is interesting, my guess is that in January lower priced home sold faster than homes at the top end of the range.

So what does the future of have in store. The glaring metric of the month is the amount of pended sales that occurred in January. Sales are up 51%. That is staggering.



Of interest, Southern Lehigh School District saw an increased pended home sales from last year of 283% and Whitehall at 200% -- Those are some pretty gaudy numbers.

Zillow Report: Click Here for the Report

I really like the Zillow report for its analysis on the Negative Equity Market. This is of course about how many home owners are still under water on their mortgage in Lehigh and Northampton Counties.



If you look at the last column you can see the break down for each county. While the Lehigh Valley still lags the national of average  at 16.9 to a local average of 18.3-22.3. This number has been trending down and is making for a de-leveraging housing market.









No comments:

Post a Comment