Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

A March Weekend Update for the Lehigh Valley

Hello All,

There was a lot of interesting Real Estate News this week in the Lehigh Valley and I thought it would be nice to have a compendium of the news.

1. The Lehigh Valley gets a nice endorsement from a study by the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation.

Thoughts: The study is obviously flattering. Its nice to have assets that can hopefully be the engine of growth for the Lehigh Valley Region.

2. The Bethlehem CRIZ Grows
- Its nice to see developers jumping on board to take risk. It would be nice if the dates of progress were concrete. Much like the NIZ in Allentown, there does not seem to be an obvious central location to find out about development opportunities.

3. Maserati in the Lehigh Valley
- This is cool if one likes cars, its also ambitious. It is an interesting bet as the area grows-- its certainly auspicious.

4. The Caring Place is ok after all --- Center City development
-Talk about a Comedy of errors, I'm glad philanthropy won in the end. I do not mean to cast any judgment; I merely thought it was an interesting drama.

5. The New York Times did a Report on the NIZ Zone.

I believe this is impressive because it illustrates Allentown's momentum has not faded before it ever had a chance to grow. Momentum seems to be at a stasis is nothing else.
6. The Morning Call did a Newspaper Special on "Great Expectations"

My opinion: This section is informative and a synopsis of Allentown's history. Blogger Michael Molovinsky provided a reaction to this MCall special. After reading many of Mike's posts, full disclosure, I started reading not that long ago ,it is clear that he is passionate about Allentown and I thought it was an interesting counterpoint. I do not provide either of these sources as an indication of my opinion about downtown Allentown.

















No comments:

Post a Comment